Dark circles under the eyes can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetics, lack of sleep, stress, aging, and hormonal changes. Here are several ways to minimize the appearance of dark circles:
- Get enough sleep: Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night.
- Reduce stress: Engage in stress-relieving activities, such as meditation or exercise.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of water and use a hydrating eye cream.
- Avoid salty foods: Salt can cause fluid retention, making dark circles more noticeable.
- Apply cold compresses: Place cold compresses (such as tea bags or cucumber slices) on the eyes to reduce swelling and improve circulation.
- Apply concealer: Use a concealer that matches your skin tone to cover dark circles.
- Treat underlying conditions: Dark circles can be a sign of medical conditions such as anemia, allergies, and thyroid problems.
Treatment options for dark circles can include Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF), PRP, laser therapy and filler injections.
PRF (Platelet-Rich Fibrin) is a procedure that uses a patient’s own blood to create a concentrate rich in platelets, growth factors, and fibrin, which can be used to enhance healing and rejuvenation of tissues.
At Learn2Renew, PRF is commonly used for the treatment of dark circles under the eyes with excellent results. During the PRF procedure, blood is drawn from the patient’s arm, processed to create the PRF concentrate, and then injected or applied to the affected area. The growth factors in the PRF stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin, which can improve skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The recommended course of therapy with PRF undereye treatment is 3 sessions, each 4 weeks apart.